ASA Say Again, Please (7th Edition)
Talking on an aviation radio and understanding air traffic control (ATC) Say instructions can be one of the most intimidating aspects of flight training. In Say Again, Please Bob Gardner explains how the ATC system works and teaches pilots what to say, what to expect to hear, and how to interpret and react to clearances and instructions. His conversational-yet-concise writing style will help increase your comfort level when using an aircraft radio. Filled with examples of typical radio transmissions that explain how ATC works, as well as simulated flights that clearly demonstrate correct communication procedures in each class of airspace, this book will have you well on your way to speaking "pilot/controller" in no time.
This hands-on book covers the following:
- The ABCs of communicating
- Understanding radio equipment
- Communication etiquette and rules
- VFR, IFR, and emergency communication procedures
- Air traffic control facilities and their functions
- Airspace definitions
- Pilot/controller communication terms and phrases
Let Say Again, Please help you learn how to communicate on the ground and in the air.