ACK 406/121.5 MHz ELT
The E-04 is a 406/121.5 MHz ELT intended for use in general and commercial aviation and is a direct replacement for the E-01 ELT. This ELT fits the E-01 mounting trays, uses the same remote control panel indicator, and the E-04 external antenna can use the preexisting E-01 antenna mounting and wiring installation. The E-04 activates in the event of a crash and transmits a homing signal on 121.5 MHz for 48 hours while simultaneously transmitting a distress signal on 406 MHz to the Cospas-Sarsat system for up to 24 hours. Additionally, this unit can be interfaced with an aircraft’s GPS system and is capable of accepting GPS position input data from several different devices. GPS information can then be sent to search and rescue, which results in drastically reduced search times. When activated, the E-04 provides an aural alert with a simple plug-in alert indicator.
- Dual channel ELT transmits a distress signal to the Cospas-Sarsat system at 406 MHz for 24 hours (5 watts), and a homing signal on 121.5 MHz for 48 hours (100Mw)
- Can be interfaced with aircraft GPS data via an optional GPS data receiver and accepts GPS position input data from Bendix/King, Garmin (NMEA 0183 GPS)
- Antenna with molded plastic base is swept back 20 degrees
- Equipped with a simple plug-in audible alert indicator
- Relies on a lithium battery pack that provides a 5-year battery life
- Compatible with Ameri-King remote panel indicator
- ELT and battery weight: 1.6 lb (0.73 kg)
- Dimensions: 7.75 x 2.85 x 2.85 in (192 x 72 x 72 mm)
- Approvals: FAA/Transport Canada, TSO C-126b TSO C-91a, ETSO 2C126 ETSO2C91a, COSPAS/SARSAT T.001 T.007, Industry Canada 1863A-E04AF, Brazil ANAC
This E-04 kit includes the 406 transmitter, lithium battery pack, external antenna, remote control, mounting tray and retaining straps, plug-in audible alert, remote cable, coax cable, and installation manual.
Click Here for the E04.0 Replacement ELT page
This product can ship UPS Ground or if air shipment is desired there is a $50 hazmat fee