Gleim Online Training Course - Sky View (Avidyne)
- Eight study units explain all device functions
- Informative audiovisual presentations teach you the material while holding your attention
- Quick-reference study outlines help cement your knowledge of the course content
- Interactive quizzes let you practice your skills with a digital SkyView unit
- Twelve months of course access
Key Facts About the Gleim SkyView Training Course
- Structured, interactive, self-study review and certificate program delivered online via the Internet
You can complete this course at your own pace anytime during the 1-year access period. The course uses the proven Gleim Knowledge Transfer System methods to help you learn, understand, and remember the information presented.
- Takes about 8 hours to complete
Each of the eight required study units should take about an hour to complete.
- Challenges you, but provides you with the knowledge to pass
Our intuitively appealing outline material and audiovisual presentations give you all the information you need in a well-organized format, so you can focus your study on the areas you need to review the most. You can then confidently pass each study unit's interactive quiz with ease.
- Inexpensive and user friendly
Because this course is delivered via the Internet, you save a considerable amount of money when compared to similar products offered by other providers. For those who are less familiar with computers, we have a trained, friendly support staff you can contact for help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 874-5346 for assistance.
Each study unit contains an outlined reference guide, as explained below.
- Multiple pages of outlined study material
- Instructions for essential unit operations
- Tips and advice for efficient data input
Each study unit also contains an audiovisual presentation, as explained below.
- 10-20 minutes of effective knowledge transfer
- All necessary information is explained in an easy-to-understand digital format.
- You can back up and review any section during the presentation.
After you complete your review of the study unit content, you will take a short quiz, as explained below.
- Interactive quizzes (Study Units 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8)
- You get to use the information you have learned and actually operate a digital SkyView system to complete assigned operations.
- These quizzes are incorporated into study units that talk about actual unit operation.
- Traditional multiple-choice quizzes (Study Units 1 and 4)
- Multiple-choice quizzes test your knowledge of various system components and functionality.
- Some study units are informational in nature and thus do not incorporate interactive quizzes. Informational study units instead opt for a traditional multiple-choice assessment.
To complete a study unit, you must:
- Access, review, and/or print the study unit outline.
While the outline material is not required to pass the study unit quiz, it will help you understand essential unit functions and provide for quick reference later in the study unit or in the course as a whole.
- Watch and learn from the audiovisual presentation.
Gleim does not promote or endorse passive, "sponge" learning. Use the study unit audiovisual presentation as part of an active learning process. Reference the SkyView manuals, available from the study unit selection page, if you have questions or need additional information about any topics presented in the presentation. You may also rewind and review any portion of the presentation to ensure understanding.
- Complete the study unit quiz.
After the study unit material has been presented, you will see either sample scenarios to complete using a digital SkyView system or a multiple-choice quiz to evaluate your understanding of the content presented in the study unit. In the interactive quizzes, you will click buttons and turn knobs to complete the necessary tasks. In the traditional multiple-choice quizzes, you will select the best answer to each question presented to you.
Access to the Gleim SkyView Training Course will expire 12 months from the date of purchase. If you need access to the course after the expiration date, you may purchase a 12-month extension at half the current purchase price.
Gleim SkyView Training Course Study Units
- SkyView System Architecture
- Joysticks and Buttons
- Screen Layout and Display Options
- Using the Primary Flight Display Page
- Using the Engine Page
- Using the Map Page
- Using the Integrated Transponder and Autopilot
- SkyView Navigation and System Alerts
How to Get Wings Credit for This Course
Gleim uploads Wings course completion credit every week for current course users. If you have completed this course but have not received Wings credit, follow the instructions below to ensure you are credited for your work.
- Go to http://www.faasafety.gov.
- Log in with your FAASafety email address and password.
- If you have not created an account with FAASafety, you will need to do that first.
- Under the "Activities, Courses, & Seminars" tab at the top of the page, click "Activities."
- Type "Gleim" into the "Keywords" box and click "Search."
- Find the appropriate course title in the resulting list and click on the title of that course.
- Click the "Request Credit" button.
- Enter the date on your completion/graduation certificate into the "Date Completed" box.
- In the "Select Validator" section, click the "Email" tab.
- Type "email@example.com" into the field and click the "Select" button.
- Click "Submit for Validation."
An email notification will be sent to Gleim. We will review your course records and either validate your credit or reply explaining why we are unable to do so (for example, the course completion date is incorrect). Either way, you will receive an email reply from FAASafety once our action has been submitted.